ACT Championships (U14-U18) Wrap Up
21 February 2022
A lot to unpack from the U14-U18 Championships held on the weekend. There were some phenomenal performances and many club records were broken.
The summary is that we had 16 athletes representing Corroboree and between them they brought home 9 x🥇, 13 x🥈 and 10 x🥉.
Note, these are based on ACT Championships Results (interstate athletes are excluded) and the age groups the athletes competed under on the weekend (via the Senior Athletics calculations).
Keep in mind we had some U12 competing in the U14 division against 13 year olds and they still did really well.
Gold Medals 🥇
- Ryan, Jillian U14 1500m Walk
- Peek, Luke U14 90m Hurdles
- Lobo, Joshua U15 100m
- Roberts, Darcey U16 1500m
- Roberts, Darcey U16 1500m Walk
- Roberts, Darcey U16 3000m Walk
- Jaques, Sierra U16 100m
- Jaques, Sierra U16 200m
- Van Scheppingen, Misha U18 Pole Vault
Silver Medals 🥈
- Marcelo, Lulu U14 100m
- McKerracher, Edith U14 200m Hurdles
- Pitt, Ava U14 Triple Jump
- Peek, Luke U14 Javelin
- Martin, Henry U14 200m
- Martin, Henry U14 Discus
- Martin, Henry U14 Shot Put
- Boshier, Ana U15 Pole Vault
- Zasiadczyk, Mia U15 Hammer
- Lobo, Joshua U15 Long Jump
- Dahms, Gabrielle U16 Shot Put
- Van Scheppingen, Misha U18 110m Hurdles
- Van Scheppingen, Misha U18 Long Jump
Bronze Medals 🥉
- Marcelo, Lulu U14 200m
- Marcelo, Lulu U14 400m
- Marcelo, Lulu U14 80m Hurdles
- Marcelo, Lulu U14 Long Jump
- McKerracher, Edith U14 Triple Jump
- Martin, Henry U14 High Jump
- Boshier, Ana U15 200m Hurdles
- Zasiadczyk, Mia U15 Javelin
- Zasiadczyk, Mia U15 90m Hurdles
- Barwell, Zachary U16 800m
We also had an amazing six Club Records broken during the Championships.
New Corroboree Records:
- U12F 80m Hurdles – Lulu Marcelo – 15.77s – breaking her own record of 16.15s
- U12F 1500m Walk – Jillian Ryan – 8:45.27 – obliterating the 22 year old record of 9:27.90 set by H. Harding in 2000. Jillian has brought her time down by almost 2 mins since the start of the season. Thanks Darcey!
- U14M – Long Jump – Joshua Lobo – 5.86m breaking a 2011 record of 5.80m set by R. Allen
- U15F 1500m Darcey Roberts – 4:41.36 – broke her own record of 5:14.38 – broke from the field early and held on for a great win.
- U15F 1500m Walk – Darcey Roberts – 6.56.61 broke her own record of 6.58.43
- U15F 100m – Sierra Jaques – 12.75s in the heat equaling the previous record set in 2004 by A. McIlrick. Sierra ran 12.77s in the final.