ACT Championships (U14-U18) Wrap Up
26 February 2023
- Jillian Ryan U14G 3000m Walk 16.02.38s
- Edith McKerracher U15G 800m 2.26.63s (a mere second outside our club record)
- Brayden Worth U15B 200m Hurdles 76.2cm 30.51s
- Reuben Leslie U17B 400m Hurdles 84cm 1.07.21s
- Lachlan Stevens U14B 200m Hurdles 76.2cm 38.21s
- Lachlan Stevens U14B 800m 2.58.38s
- Henry Martin U15B 4kg Shot Put 8.74m
- Tara Holmes U15G 800m 2.36.49s
- Pinipa Liyanage U14G 800m 2.39.35s
- Isaac Cooper U15B 4kg Shot Put 7.82m
- Luke Peek U15B 200m Hurdles 76.2cm 33.22s
A bucketload of personal bests for our athletes today and with it came success in the form of more medals plus two club records and so close to a third.
Special mention to Rachel Giason who was third ACT Athlete home behind some tough competition in the 1,500m in 5.00.64s (cracking pace). She smashed the Corroboree club record by 22 secs held since 1986 by J. Gledhill.
- Lulu Marcelo U14G Long Jump 4.60m
- Lulu Marcelo U14G 100m 13.26 (the club record is 13.25)
- Tara Holmes U15G 400m 1.06.50S
- Laura Davidson U16G Javelin 28.08m (new club record)
- Reuben Leslie U17B 110m Hurdles 18.22S
- Amelia Ryan U18G Shot Put 8.40m
- Lachlan Stevens U14B 400m 1.10.74s
- Ava Pitt U14G Long Jump 4.32m
- Kaitlyn Stoker U14G 400m 1.07.49s
- Heidi Davidson U15G 100m 13.55s
- Heidi Davidson U15G 400m 1.06.55s (beaten by 0.05)
- Luke Peek U15B 100m Hurdles over 84cm 19.23s
- Brayden Worth U15B 400m 59.23s
- Reuben Leslie U17B Long Jump 4.79m
- Lachlan Stevens U14B Long Jump 4.18m
- Lachlan Stevens U14B 100m 14.37
- Lachlan Stevens U14B Discus 16.15m
- Rachel Giason U14G 1500m 5.00.64 (new club record)
- Kaitlyn Stoker U14G Long Jump 4.27m
- Pinipa Liyanage U14G 400m 1.08.97
- Tara Holmes U15G 1500m 5.20.20
- Luke Peek U15B Javelin 26.30m
Day 3 of the Championships saw four Corroboree records fall.
Rachel Giason (U12) continued her wonderful carnival winning silver behind Jillian Ryan (U13) in the U14 Girl 1500m walk smashing the 1,500m walk record which was only broken last year by Jillian Ryan after 20 years of not being bettered. Rachel recorded a time of 7.48.21s bettering Jillian’s mark of 8.14.78s.
Jillian Ryan, not to be outdone, won gold in the same event and broke the U13G record of 7.33.68s (set by herself earlier in the season) and this season has brought the old record down by over a minute, with a time of 7.14.24s.
After missing out by the slimmest of margins in the 100m yesterday, Lulu Marcelo has broken the 200m record for U13 girls. The old mark was set by K. Davis in 2003 and stood at 27.80s. Lulu broke it in the heat with 27.43s and then again in the final running 27.32s.
Finally, Josh Lobo has returned to the track after suffering many injuries over the last 12 months. He finished 4th in both the 100m and 200m and broke the U15 200m record set by Neil Donlan in 1994 of 24.30s. Josh ran 23.50s today. He also ran 11.66s in the 100m, just outside of Neil’s 11.50s record.
On top of all those excellent performances we scored lots more medals:
- Lulu Marcelo U14G Triple Jump 9.77m
- Lulu Marcelo U14G 200m 27.32s (new club record)
- Jillian Ryan U14G 1500m Walk 7.14.24s (new club record)
- Luke Peek U15B Pole Vault 2.21m
- Luke Peek U15B Triple Jump 10.11m
- Mia Zasiadczyk U16G Hammer 38.19m
- Rachel Giason U14G 1500m Walk 7.48.21s (new club record)
- Henry Martin U15B Pole Vault 2.11m
- Heidi Davidson U15G 200m 28.15s
- Amelia Ryan U18G Discus 22.01m
- Isaac Cooper U15B Discus 29.77m
- Amelia Ryan U18G Hammer Throw 24.47m
- 16 x 🥇
- 16 x 🥈
- 13 x 🥉
In addition to our U14-U18 Championship success, there were also some Senior Open and Masters events offered and we saw the Royal Blue of Corroboree competing for the first time.
Results are based on the various classifications they competed in:
- Karl Giason 1st 🥇 200m 25.11s
- Karl Giason 1st 🥇 400m 55.21s
- Karl Giason 1st 🥇 Triple Jump 9.86m
- Karl Giason 1st 🥇 High Jump 1.55m
- Luke Allard 3rd 🥉 100m 12.35s
- Luke Allard 1st 🥇 200m 24.81s